Thursday 11 February 2021

Satsuki photography technique

 



Due to the cold weather this Satsuki was brought in. It lives in a small greenhouse during the winter for frost protection and a bit of warmth - but it was too cold last night - so in it came. This gave an opportunity to clear off all the old leaves and critters and then thoroughly spray it with insecticide. 

I am hoping that with the right water and fertiliser this tree will grow vigorously this coming season.



My backdrop for photography is very glossy and wrinkly and I don't have great lighting gear so I opted to paint the tree with a hand held light on a 30 second exposure - you can see my hand and the blurry light as I fill the image. This bottom picture is an uncropped raw image direct to JPG. The top image is the same one cropped with the exposure tweaked. 

No comments: